Sunday, November 22, 2009

Free Stuff and a Lesson Learned

This was a fabulous week for getting FREE items at the grocery store. I was quite happy for the most part. So many people think they have to shop at the cheaper stores or the warehouse clubs, but seriously, you can't beat FREE. Most items below came from Publix. A few were from Bi-Lo or Target.




Here's what I got for FREE!
4 cans of Dole pienapple
6 bags of Bird's Eye frozen vegetables
3 boxes of Ritz chocolate covered crackers
2 boxes of regular Ritz crackers
5 boxes of Ritz Crackerfuls
1 can of Steaz organic tea (from Target)
5 bricks of Philadelphia cream cheese (Bi-Lo)
1 bag of Fresh Gourmet salad toppings
1 pouch of Starkist tuna
1 package of Publix sliced cheese (was actually a penny)

Also in the picture are 4 Glade candles, which should have been free, but weren't. Which brings me to my lesson learned...

To get the candles free (plus make a dollar), I need to send in a rebate. I could of course do this, but I also plan to send in a rebate to get those Ritz crackers for free. The problem? I only got one receipt and both rebates require the original receipt. So the $10 cracker rebate beats the $5 candle rebate. I should have done 2 transactions or asked for a duplicate receipt.

Technically, those candles didn't cost me anything. I will get $10 back for the crackers (which only cost me $4.50) and I only paid $4 for those candles, so I'm not really out any money, but it sure would have been nice to have a little more. Lesson learned.

Still a pretty good week, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment